We asked our Facebook fans about the best - or worst - Nurses Week gifts they ever received. They had a lot of fun with their answers!
- Last year, I got a plastic pen and a candy bar. The year before, I graduated the week after Nurses Week so they ignored me.
- Just the blessing of knowing I'm helping people is the biggest gift for me, though I've been blessed with many years of lots of great material gifts as well. Can't really think of a worst.
- One dollar from my employer: the state of Virginia
- I've only been a nurse for 2 years. I received a nice package at the local mall with lots of coupons and free samples one year. That was very sweet of them!
- I got a great tote bag from my previous employer. I'm looking forward to seeing what we are getting this year.
- A $5 McDonalds gift certificate! I was actually the nurse practitioner seeing patients in the clinic the MDs were making money off of!
- We got a pet rock and mine fell apart in 2 minutes.
- Nothing and nothing! Haha.
- Don't get me started. Oh where to start?
- Gift? You all get gifts???
- An ugly hat with the hospital logo printed on it! Even the unit manager (a man) said it probably wasn't the best gift for women, lol.
- The gift I enjoyed the most was a gift certificate for a manicure and pedicure. Any gift is nice, just a token to let you know you are thought of and appreciated.
- Nothing from my workplace.
- Bagged lunch, but by the time they got to nightshift the food had gone bad.
We hope it doesn't wind up on anyone's "worst" list, but ADVANCE is presenting a free continuing education offering worth one contact hour as our Nurses Week Gift to you. Look for it starting May 7!
Do you have a favorite or infamous Nurses Week gift in your past? Let us know in comments below!
Find more nursing fun on our National Nurses Week celebration page. Thanks for all that you do!