Learn more about psoriasis and how to provide effective patient care
According to the CDC an estimated 6.7 million adults have psoriasis. Given its prevalence it is crucial providers have the tools to effectively diagnose and treat this condition. Join Allison Lowie, DNP, FNP-BC, and ADVANCE for the free webinar, “Psoriasis: Managing the Disease and Patient.”
The purpose of the first half of this webinar will provide a general overview of psoriasis. The second half of the presentation will focus on biologics and new systemic medications available for management of psoriasis.
This free webinar addresses the following:
- Discuss pathophysiology of psoriasis.
- Discuss the basic morphology and clinical presentation of psoriasis.
- Identify risk factors and triggers of psoriasis.
- Identify co-morbidities associated with psoriasis.
- Discuss the emotional and psychological implications associated with psoriasis.
- Briefly discuss topical treatment options.
- Briefly discuss systemic therapies.
- Discuss biologics and new systemic medications with case presentations.
Following the presentation, our speaker will take part in an interactive Q&A session. Please come prepared with your questions on this topic.
Allison Lowie, DNP, FNP-BC, is dermatology nurse practitioner practicing in the Tampa Bay area. She graduated from the University of Florida with her Masters of Science in nursing. She continued her education and completed the Doctor of Nursing Practice degree at the University of South Florida specializing in dermatology. Dr. Lowie has lectured at local and national conferences on various dermatology topics and enjoys treating patients of all ages and dermatological conditions. She is currently employed at Prestige Dermatology in New Port Richey, Fla. She is also a board member of the National Academy of Dermatology Nurse Practitioners.