While the historical upheaval of 2020 taught us all to leave room for the unexpected, there’s still great value in planning ahead. Whether your New Year’s resolutions focus on career growth, personal organization, or overall wellness, here’s a quick list of resources for healthcare professionals looking to start 2022 off on the right foot.
Fostering professional growth
There’s always an opportunity to learn something new, and in the ever-evolving world of healthcare, it’s critical to stay on top of the latest research. Here are a few highly rated apps designed specifically for nurses.
- Epocrates: With a library of drug references, disease information, and clinical practice guidelines, this app offers thoroughly researched and continually updated clinical content in the palm of your hand
- Medscape: Download this app for healthcare news, drug updates, interactive diagnostics, case studies, and quizzes to help keep your skills sharp.
- Related: For those who love to learn, we recommend the Western CE Series from Elite Learning, an in-depth series of courses dedicated to critical topics in the nursing profession.
Staying timely and organized
It’s said that everyone gets the same 24-hour pie each day, but that pie gets sliced a little differently for each person. There’s no one-size-fits-all solution to maximize efficiency, but here are a few apps and services that may help keep you organized.
- NurseGrid: Streamline and sync your schedule with coworkers with this calendar app designed by nurses, for nurses.
- Pocket: Not enough time left in your break to finish reading that interesting listicle? Save, organize, and access content from around the internet with this app.
- Todoist: Set daily priorities, manage deadlines, and stay on track with this simple to-do app.
- Paprika: Whether you’re feeding just yourself or a large family, meal planning can be stressful. This app helps organize recipes, plan meals, and create grocery lists.
- Mealime: With a library of quick meal guides, this app makes finding simple, time-saving recipes easy.
Healthy body, healthy mind
Taking time to cultivate wellness may not always feel productive, but maintaining your physical and mental health is a critical tool in combating burnout. Remember: You can’t pour out of an empty cup!
- Headspace: Cultivate inner and outer wellness with guided meditation and mindfulness tips.
- Duolingo: Keep your mind sharp with fun, simple language lessons in as little as five minutes a day.
- Related: Explore simple techniques to stay calm, focused, and stress-free with this one-hour webinar from Elite: Easing COVID-19 Stress Through Yoga’s Breath and Body Connection.
This article is extracted from Elite’s 2021 Holiday Guide for Healthcare Professionals. With practical wellness tips, special offers, and meaningful deep-dives into issues affecting patients and care-givers, the guide is your go-to professional resource for the holiday season. You can view the content of the guide and sign up for a free download here.