CHRISTUS Health Grows Texas Presence

CHRISTUS Health, an international, faith-based, not-for-profit health system headquartered in Irving, Texas announced that it has finalized an agreement with The Hopkins County Hospital District (Hopkins) for the ongoing management and operation of the hospital. The agreement could take effect as early as July 1, according to a press release from CHRISTUS Health.

The joining of the two healthcare organizations formed a new organization called CHRISTUS Hopkins Health Alliance (CHHA), and means CHRISTUS Health will now own 51% of CHHA and Hopkins will own the other 49%. The hospital’s name will change to CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital-Sulphur Springs and the clinics will change to CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic-Sulphur Springs and CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic-Emory.

“Our mission for the last 150 years has been to extend the healing ministry of Jesus Christ, and with the finalization of this agreement, we are continuing to build upon and strengthen our mission for years to come,” said Ernie Sadau, president and CEO, CHRISTUS Health. “The formation of CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Health System which we announced earlier this month in Tyler means expanded access to award–winning, quality care. We’re so very fortunate to have CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances-Sulphur Springs and clinics become part of the CHRISTUS family.”


About The Author