This article appeared in Februrary in the online edition of ADVANCE.
- Lashley, F. R., & Nehring, W. M. (2009). Nursing simulation: A review of the past 40 years. Simulation & Gaming, 40(4), 528-552. Available at http://sag.sagepub.com at Loyola Notre Dame Library. Accessed December 3, 2009.
- Alinier, G., Gordon, R., Harwood, C., & Hunt, B. (2006). Effectiveness of intermediate-fidelity simulation training technology in undergraduate nursing education. Journal of Advanced Nursing, 54(3), 359-367. Available at http://web.ebcohost.com. Accessed November 11, 2009.
- Aduddell K., Bennett, D. N., Bremner, M. N., & VanGeest, J. B. (2006). The use of human patient simulators best practice with novice nursing students. Nurse Educators, 31(4), 170-174. Available at http://ovidsp.tx.ovid.com. Accessed November 5, 2009.
- Seropian, M. A., Brown, K., Gavilanes, J. S., & Driggers, B. (2004). Simulation: Not just a manikin. Journal of Nursing Education, 43(4), 164-169. Available at http://proquest.umi.com.ezp .1ndlibrary.org. Accessed March 8, 2010.
- Jeffries, P. R. (2008). Getting in s.t.e.p. with simulation: Simulation take educator preparation. Nursing Education Perspectives, 29(2), 70-74. Available at http://proquest.umi.com.ezp. 1ndlibrary.org. Accessed March 18, 2010.
- Galloway, S. (2009). Simulation techniques to bridge the gap between novice and competent healthcare professionals. Online Journal of issues in nursing, 14(2). Available at http://www.nursingworld.org. Accessed March 8, 2010.
- Bambini, D., Perkins, R., & Washburn, J. (2009). Outcomes of clinical simulation for novice students: Communication, confidence, clinical judgment. Nursing Education Perspectives, 30(2), 79-82. Available at http://proquest.umi.com.ezp.1ndlibrary.org. Accessed October 31, 2009.
- Beazanson, J. L., Brannan, J. D., & White, A. (2008). Simulator effects on cognitive skills and confidence levels. Journal of Nursing Education, 47(11), 495-501. Available at http://proquest.umi.com.ezp.1ndlibrary.org. Accessed October 31, 2009.